Unique aspects of our nutrition program include the following:
- With staff guidance, you choose the foods on your eating plan and are never told what you must eat. We work with all dietary preferences (i.e. vegetarian, vegan, kosher, etc) and help you to decipher whether these are long standing preferences or restrictions that have developed as part of your eating disorder behaviors.
- You bring all food to the program based on your eating plan and participate in meal preparation along with staff supervision.
- We teach you an ‘eye-ball’ technique to portion sizing and do not measure anything. We want you to learn what comprises a meal that meets your nutritional needs and hope that you can take these skills with you as you transition out of our program.
- Weekly lunch outings to local restaurants
- Occasional cooking classes
- Weekly individual nutrition counseling appointments with a registered dietitian